Total Pageviews

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Savane Church Plant Story








But the Lord has become my fortress, and my God the rock in whom I take refuge...Psalm 94: 22
...and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell will not prevail against it...Matt 16:18b
It is a "lancamente da primera pedra" and everyone is celebrating. It has finally arrived. The "throwing of the first rock," or ground breaking ceremony. After many weeks of waiting on official permits and waiting out the rain, the first cement block was ceremonially put in place. This former grass and mud church will reconstruct into a sturdy cement church to defy the elements. No one is more happy about this than the people of Savane.
For years this church plant has been praying and we have been watching as their building resigned to the rains. Undaunted by the destruction, they began meeting under the trees until the rainy season. Not a moment too late, God provided through CRI donors the funds to begin construction. It has blessed my heart to know that Christian brothers and sisters who live 10,000 miles away responded to God's call and gave in sacrificial joy. May the true "Rock" that this church is built on continue to bless both the people of Savane and their Christian partners.

























1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello,

I have a message for the webmaster/admin here at johnsonsblogjournal.blogspot.com.

Can I use part of the information from this post above if I provide a link back to this site?

Thanks,
Peter