Total Pageviews

Saturday, July 28, 2012

Thank You for Giving to the Lord!

I dreamed I went to heaven and you were there with me*
We walked upon the streets of gold beside the crystal sea.
We heard the angels singing, then someone called your name.
You turned and saw this young man and he was smiling as he came.

And he said, "Friend you may not know me now" and then he said, "But wait"
You used to teach my Sunday School when I was only eight.
And every week you would say a prayer before the class would start.
And one day when you said that prayer I asked Jesus in my heart."

(Chorus)
Thank you for giving to the Lord
I am a life that was changed.
Thank you for giving to the Lord
I am so glad you gave.

Then another man stood before you and said, "Remember the time
A missionary came to your church and his pictures made you cry.
You didn't have much money but you gave it anyway.
Jesus took the gift you gave and that's why I am here today."

One by one they came far as the eye could see
Each life somehow touched by your generosity.
Little things that you had done...sacrifices made.
Unnoticed on the earth in heaven now proclaimed.

And I know up in heaven you're not supposed to cry.
But I am almost sure there were tears in your eyes.
As Jesus took your hand and you stood before the Lord.
He said, "My child look around you...great is your reward."

(Lyrics by Ray Boltz*)
I came home from our last dedication of house #17 today and sat down at my computer to blog and share the pictures from the last three Saturdays of dedications.  As I opened up my computer, this song popped up from my Itunes (I rarely listen to Itunes and honestly, I do not ever remembering putting this song on my computer!) and it was being sung by an African gospel group. The words were amazingly powerful as I sat and listened to it. It wasn't long before my tears took off like a water faucet.  How blessed we have been to be able to be here in Mozambique and have the opportunities that God has placed before us. So many have given to make this ministry possible and this song describes it so well. THANK YOU! THANK YOU! from the bottom of our hearts for your support in prayer and giving. Because you gave....here are some fun stats about the Green Door ministry.
Houses completed this year:  17
Houses completed in the last two years:  28
Houses completed since Green Door's inception:  55, as well as repairing many houses

Churches built:  Savane Church Plant
Cookies baked this year:  3,400 (that is 283 dozen!!)
Pop drank this year:  816 bottles

Ana receiving her key from Jeronimo.
She had no house, she was sleeping outside.

Noemia giving Madalena her key.  She is blind and her
husband is crippled. They have three children.

I don't think they can smile any bigger!

Madalena's husband can't walk, he is
being helped into his new home.

Rosario is getting his key from Phil.

Rosario and his brothers will live here.

Noe is opening up his new Green Door home.

Belinha is receiving her key from Noemia. She prayed for
this house for as long as I have known her.

The builders are praying over Lidia's house.

Lidia received her keys today too.

I love it that the children get to enjoy a
special treat. However, if I don't see a
cookie again as long as I live, that is okay!

The Green Door has personally supported the local pop store.

This year has been full of triumph and tragedy.  In this land of spiritual warfare, the battles are won and lost. At times it is overwhelming but never without hope. We know who wins the war.

Fernando Joaquim's grave.  His brother Antonio (pictured),
Lourenço, and sister Aida are trying to go on without him.
 Please pray for all our brothers and sisters in Mozambique.
Pray for all the orphans that are trying to survive.
Prayer is the key that opens the door for their future.

No comments: